Tuesday, June 10, 2008

24 hours...

Thank goodness it's only called the 24 hour bug. Zoe was doing okay after the initial night of throwing up, and I chalked it up to experience (one that I don't soon want to have again). We went to church and then to a family party on Sunday after a two-day period of no incidents. But then Zoe threw up again Sunday night, she slept in our bed, and I woke up Monday feeling TERRIBLE. I felt so bad for Zoe if that's how she felt. I could not stand up without feeling like I was going to upchuck. After a day of vomiting myself and lying on the couch while trying to keep the kids entertained, I was so sick of being sick, and I couldn't believe it'd only been 12 hours. Unfortunately, Andrew was working two overtime shifts that he couldn't get out of, and I had an extremely hard time doing anything for the girls. I hadn't been that kind of sick since before I had kids. Man, never again would be okay with me. Needless to say I was really weak this morning from not having eaten anything. It took me several hours to get some strength up, but the 24 hours is up, and I'm grateful that some things (although seemingly much longer at the time) are really only a day's suffering. It's too bad that I appreciate my health and strength the most when I don't have it. Time to leave this one in the book and move on....

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh I feel so bad for you. I am glad that the 24 hours are over and that you can at least walk around a bit better. UGH. It made me think of a recent post of another friend (http://doutrefamily.blogspot.com/2008/05/5-reasons-i-should-never-ever-get-sick.html)
If mom is sick the whole house seems to fall apart. I agree that it is when we are down and sick that we appreciate our health.

Torrie said...

I hope you feel all better today; I hate hate hate stomach flu. Luckily, I haven't had it in many years, so hopefully that trend will continue...