Saturday, July 11, 2009

getting the hang of that thang....

I did it. Or perhaps I should say, Zoe did it.
We bit the bullet, swapped the diapers for Tinkerbelle panties, and three days later have almost twenty stickers on the freshly-made potty chart.
The first day was rough and EXTREMELY frustrating, but I've been dappling in and out of needing to just buckle down and deal with the nitty-gritty.
I mean, can you really explain to someone how to pee? really.
It's actually a completely involuntary response and will happen to anyone without their choice once the good, old bladder is full. So we had to have a whole day of lots of puddles everywhere but the potty before the lightbulb started to go on and the pee made it successfully in the right receptacle. Since then it hasn't been perfect but MUCH improved.
I am feeling much more confident with the last two days under my belt (errr, I mean Zoe is feeling much more confident).

1 comment:

Liesel Marsing said...

Congratulations Jill and Zoe! It's just as hard for the mom as it is for the child. That's a big milestone! I really need to get on it with Norah. I know she could be ready, but I'm not wanting to deal with all that yet. You've given me some motivation that I can do it!