Tuesday, August 4, 2009

summer pics--finally!

So I am quite the slacker with pictures. Not only have I not taken all that many, but I haven't downloaded them for almost three months--yikes! So here's a little smattering of my fave people. They make me smile!
We are trying to take advantage of what little time Andrew has at home when he's not working. We went to Wheeler Farm last week and to lunch and even got some steals at Kohls.
Our building process has been stalled--again. We just learned that the paper work/permit stuff has been put on hold on account of some FDIC hoopla, so we have to meet with the builder to figure just how long we're actually looking at and what can be done. sigh. You always hear that it's a pain to build a house, but it's definitely not just a saying...Our excitement and enthusiasm has been dampered a bit because of the unanticipated hold-ups, but I have to remind myself that it will be worth it in the end.
Lily is SOOO excited for her birthday next Saturday. She attended a party for a friend last week and really, really wanted a friend party of her own, so we're going to attempt a smallish one for her sake. She'll be starting her second year of preschool at the beginning of September and couldn't be more excited for more social opportunities.
Zoe has taken to potty-training like a champ and I've been so pleased with her effort and success. whew! Two down.
And I do have to admit that although it seems to be unbearably hot, I would much rather be sweaty than have it be snowy and freezing.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

heath said...

Building a house sounds stressful. But really, it will be so worth it in the end! Good luck with the wait.