Thursday, October 1, 2009

to nest or not to nest...

So I'm waiting for some 'nesting' instincts to kick in...anytime now--please? I have so much to sort through and organize in anticipation for baby boy, but do I have any motivation? not so much. I remember a distinct burst of energy before having Zoe so perhaps he is simply not close to making an appearance despite the fact that my body is telling me otherwise.

And I have to say that I am more than disappointed that my girls can't come see me and baby in the hospital when the time comes. That's right...some article in the paper today mentioned six hospitals that wont' be allowing children under 14 and those that are sick to be in the maternity ward at all (darn swine flu). Major bummer...my girls have been anticipating this almost as much as me, so I am SOOO sad they can't join in the newness until I bring him home. (hmmm...maybe I'll have Andrew put them in a large suitcase and wheel them in undetected)

In other news: we have changed the location of our lot due to the ludicrous delay that was our old contract. We got such a great offer to move to Syracuse on a bigger and better lot in a nicer area and didn't feel it right to turn it down. So yes we have to start over technically, but we should still be starting to dig before the time in which our old subdivision will have come to. Eternal delay is what this feels like...right now we're hoping to be moved in in February sometime. And we wait....some more.

2 comments:

Liesel Marsing said...

That's a major bummer that Lily and Zoe can't come to the hospital! I can't believe he is going to be here so soon. They will be such good big sisters. Good luck with your new lot. It seems that's how it is when building a house. Nothing goes on schedule! We love you guys!

Sarah said...

We're working on the baby's room right now...but it is taking ALOT of repeated prompting (from me)to get anything really going. I can't decide if my "nesting" mood is here yet, because I don't have anywhere clean and ready to put baby things anyway. I bet it's hard when you're not in your own place.
Plus, I still can't process the reality of a boy coming this way. I see the clothes on the store racks and kind-of just keep walking!

Good luck with all the new plans on the new lot. It'll all work out in the end.