Wednesday, July 2, 2008

summer time and the livin's easy

With the hot, hot days we've been having the girls have been glad when we've done things to cool them off. sprinklers and popsicles are always a hit...while Lily is not actually into getting in the sprinkler (and getting cold spray in her face), Zoe absolutely embraced the sprinkler concept and would stand with her face right in the stream, water dripping down her eyes and just laugh. Other days we stay inside with the a/c or go to a store and play with the toys while enjoying their a/c.


The relaxing does seem to be few and far between sometimes, despite what the blog title suggests. I've been scrambling to get more little things done around the house. My mom came and helped me paint the one wall in our bedroom which really needed a fresh coat. Thanks so much for your help and push to make sure it got done, Mom! On top of that I've been working a lot harder at keeping the house clean. Now that the nitty-gritty cleaning is done, it's a matter of keeping things in their place so the house can be shown in an hour or two notice. We've had six walk-throughs already and are encouraged by the traffic.

Besides cleaning, I did get to spend last weekend with several of my good friends from high school. We had some 'just women' activities and others for families. My girls had a blast swimming and I had a blast chatting, eating and being spiritually uplifted. :o) Too bad we can't do it more often because we really do have such a fun time.

And lastly, it's been so fun to be in my element lately as there's been a handful of great sales/deals at various stores. I love stockpiling and feeling like I scored big (which I have). The best by far has been getting 18 jumbo packs of Walgreens diapers for $0.24/pack. I plan on going back to get more when they re-stock their shelves Thursday/Friday before the sale ends on Saturday. Can't beat getting diapers for basically free. Oh how I love those deals and thrills!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: