Monday, August 18, 2008

Birthday Fun

At the Davis County Fair petting zoo

riding the grand champion hog and a pony named Charlie

Lily had such a fun birthday weekend. On Friday (her actual birthday), our little family of four went to the Davis County Fair. The girls had fun petting all the animals in the petting zoo. Zoe is wary of anything alive (big or small) getting in her space, so she enjoyed them from afar for the most part. Lily got to ride a grand champion hog and then it was off to the pony rides. For the 45 minute wait-in-line the two minutes she got to ride seemed really short, but she loved it. She found a stick-pony at one of the booths and used part of her birthday money from Grandma and Grandpa Fedor to get it. She named it Charlie after the real pony she rode. (top left collage pic)

Saturday, Grandma and Grandpa Allred took her to the Teddy Bear Stuffing factory in the mall. Once she saw a horse as one of her options she had eyes for nothing else. She dressed it in a purple (her fave color) tutu-dress with a purple flower headband and named it...Helen. (top middle collage pix) We don't know when she's ever heard the name 'Helen' but that's what it is.

Then, on Sunday, we had our extended family join us for her birthday celebration. She got spoiled and loves all the wonderful princess, pony and fairy stuff she got. She will be a happy, busy little girl. She had a princess cake (bottom middle collage pix) and loved licking all the frosting. Thanks to everyone who came to help us celebrate. Lily was so sad to see you go.

Then, on a side note, we have been in the midst of solidifying our house sale. We got an offer and are working out the nitty gritty right now. The catch is that they want us to be out by the end of the month so their kids can start school; however, with how much time it takes for the appraisal, inspection etc., I don't know if that's going to be possible (or at least without me having some kind of stress break-down). It's hard to really get started because there's always the possibility it won't go through, and I don't want to have my house half packed to only be disappointed by some glitch. So we're holding our breath and waiting. It's going to be an interesting next two weeks. Most likely we'll have to move in with my mom until we can find a house and close. And of course I just enrolled Lily in preschool and will now have to cancel her spot seeing as we most likely won't be up here for her to attend. That's actually my biggest stressor...figuring out what to do about preschool now. I'm hoping there will be somewhere that will accept her after the school year has started. Andrew tells me I worry and stress too much, but he doesn't do it enough so I feel like I have to do it for the both of us. ha!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

What a fun birthday for Lilly! Her cake was so cute! Did you make that yourself?

Good luck with the house sale- it sure can be stressful but it will be nice once it is all done.

Kayla said...

I LOVE the picture of Lily riding the pig. I need that hung up in my room in like a 16x20. I love it. And where did she get the name Helen? Oh, she's an amazing little tot isn't she?