Saturday, August 9, 2008

a day late...

So i wanted to post on 08/08/08 but it didn't happen. instead, we had the opportunity to attend the wedding of my step-bro (weird!), Ryan Allred and his now-wife, Heidi Koplin. Andrew wasn't going to come (said he didn't want to use a holiday at work) but took it off last minute. (He says it's because of me but I really know it's because Lily pleadingly approached him yesterday morning and said, "Dad, you come to the wedding with us? See the pretty princess in her white dress?" PUTTY in her hands)
It was in a gorgeous backyard owned by old ward neighbors of mine growing up. It felt like I was in a weird time-warp dimension. All these guys I grew up with, hung out with, and now I see them on such a rare happenstance...older, different and out of place. And I never thought I'd be one of those people who said, 'time passes so quickly...it's been ten years since highschool'. But yes, that's what I think. Can I say, OLD! In my mind's eye I still view those memories of yesteryear as being more recent than they were. Perhaps it's because I don't feel all that old...just in retrospect. (Plus, I'm five years younger than Andrew so I guess I can always use him as an excuse to feel young and dapper! :O) )
To end this random post I will close by saying that I am so grateful for brand-new pruning shears which made dead-heading my roses quite the relaxing activity today.
Until 09/09/09.....

No comments: