Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First day of Preschool

There is always a sense of slipping time as my girls achieve certain milestones. Today was no different. Lily started preschool. While she is one of the youngest and smallest, she is absolutely so ready to LEARN. She was excited for this new adventure, and surprisingly I wasn't as emotional or contemplative as I'd thought I'd be. (Part of this could be attributed to the fact that I needed the extra three hours to get stuff done, and it felt (almost) like nothing more than a nursery dropoff.)

So after I picked her up, and she burst into tears while hugging my leg, I asked her why she was crying. Her response was quite opposite what I expected. She just said, "I don't want to leave." (whew!..at least she liked it!)

And now that the laundry is folded and I have time to relax, I am grateful that I have the means and the privilege to send my little girl to start her many years of higher learning. They are long, but so full of memories and experiences that are truly priceless.

But now we head off to Kansas City to visit my dad, and she'll miss her second and third days...I just hope that enthusiasm holds strong and the memories sweet for her return.
And the young lass begins her trek to school (uphill bothways in a blinding snowstorm)...

She has arrived (diva-glasses and all) and is ready to embark on a promising adventure.Here's to many enthusiastic years ahead!

3 comments:

Susan said...

So I sent Clara to her first day of preschool today. I wasn't quite as put together as you. I had to swallow several times and blink a lot really fast as I walked out the school doors and left Clara. I know she is fine and probably won't want to come home like Lily, but half of me wanted to stay outside the door and secretly watch her on her first day. I'm a baby. Anyway, have a great time seeing your dad. Tell him hi from me and ask him when he's driving us to another Rockies game! Love you Jill.

Torrie said...

Ah, congratulations to little Lily!

I hope you guys have a fantastic time out in KC. Have a safe and fun trip! See you all soon! I love you all.

lori said...

Our little girls are growing up so fast! I love these pictures and am so glad Lily had fun! I toyed with the idea of preschool for Lucy this year...but just the thought had me feeling like Susan's comment. I figued we'd take time to get used to baby and then embark on the school adventure. Whew. Time flies!!