Friday, October 17, 2008

A funny

This one was kind of long to post under my normal 'Lilyisms' so I thought I'd document it here. It's more funny if you're familiar with Super Why on PBS.

On one of Lily’s favorite shows, Super Why, the character (Super Why) has the power to change the story and will switch words to have the story read the way he wants. I’m always amazed at how much Lily retains as a direct result of t.v. watching (encouraging, I know). So imagine, to my surprise, after chiding her to eat something for breakfast when Lily told me, “I can’t, see! It’s in my story…I don’t want everyfing (anything)” (I shook my head in amazement at her imaginative little plot to get out of eating breakfast…not a big eater in the morning). And no, it didn’t work when I told her that I had the power to change the story to say, “Lily wants to eat everything!” (10/17/08)

No comments: