Friday, October 17, 2008

Halloween curse?

And for the second time, the sale of our home fell through....the buyers had exactly 8 hours to back out before they'd lose their earnest money, and they called to tell us they didn't get their financing. Are you serious?! Good thing I hadn't started packing in earnest yet. I was extremely let down despite the fact that I was not looking forward to the stressful weeks ahead.
And we wait...
Unfortunately, the election is coming soon and could drastically affect the way the housing market and sale of our home could go.
And so I don't wallow in the negative I am glad that we are in no particular hurry to move...
Mortgage rates are up and could stay up, so we don't have to worry about paying more for a new mortgage...Lily can stay in preschool, and we will actually get to celebrate Halloween...I don't have to pack like mad...am I convincing myself yet?
Ah, what will be will be...until the next offer....

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ugh. With just 8 hours left. So sorry... I really hope that a new President will mean nothing but good for selling your house.
Hope you can enjoy Halloween like you are planning...

J + A Humphreys said...

Ah man, that is the dumps. It's so hard to feel like you are sitting and spinning. However, I'm totally convinced that it's okay that you stay...you were very persuasive. :) Super Why is also a favorite at our house. The latest reason why James can't do what I ask is, "Mom, I can't! My legs are broken!" Um, okay?