Friday, October 3, 2008

ughh

you know that feeling when you feel like you're getting nowhere? that is me right now.
We got an offer on the house Tuesday, we counter-offered, and they accepted. Now (supposedly and hopefully) we will be out of here end of the month. That being said, the house hunt starts in earnest once again. After being online for so long on the same house sites, I feel like all the houses meld together. I start getting really frustrated because I just want to find that perfect house at the perfect price---is that really too much to ask? sheesh!
We did get a good idea of where we want to live in Syracuse and the type of house we like, the trick is finding one that's available...
We did a little calling around to learn that the one empty house with a gorgeous floorplan we both loved was under contract. (are you serious?!) However, the agent did say the sale might fall through, and if not, there's a possibility we could build (yes, build!) the exact same house for the price that the already-built one sold for. that would mean getting to choose our own location and everything as well as giving us four months to live with family...saving up a little more to put down on the house at closing. All speculation at this point, but it's all I can hope for at this point. I'm just sick of looking (and it's only been two days!)
I think we may be in trouble.

5 comments:

Camille Pedersen said...

I can totally relate! I knew every house in our price range on utahrealestate.com.. it is frustrating, but i'm sure something will come up. good luck!

Torrie said...

That's good that your house finally sold; hope everything goes well for you guys! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Sarah said...

Hope all things work out for you in the end (sooner rather than later).

heath said...

What a stressful process. Transitions are the hardest! Something will work out, but you just want to know what it is going to be!!! (At least that's how I am.) Hope the whole process goes quickly.

Michelle D said...

Oooh! Where in Syracuse! How fun to have you in the same city....I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get what you want!