Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Yea for green and such!

There is something about working with flowers and dirt that is incredibly therapeutic. With this week getting into the high 50s and even 60s, I have found myself drawn to my awakening gardens. My little spring bulbs are starting to show their colored heads, and green shoots are coming up everywhere. There is something to be said about a season which holds such promise and exhibits signs of new life everywhere you turn.
I am truly refreshed and revived after doing a seemingly mundane task--raking out dead leaves. There is something to be said when a tiny seedling buried in the frozen ground can reawaken and send forth signs of life, what a miracle each flower and plant is...and I am reminded at how important it is to appreciate the small miracles in each and every day....I need to be better at recognizing them in all shapes and forms.

Yes, there are bugs (and I will never like bugs), but there is something else about the potential that gardens have... Out with the old, and in with the new.

I fully welcome this warmer weather and the opportunities that come with a new season.

Bring it on, bring it on.

2 comments:

heath said...

How fun to have a garden. I've always thought they're too much work, but the older I get the more I can understand the satisfaction in it.

lori said...

YES, bring it on!! So glad you're gardening!!