Wednesday, July 21, 2010

First day of Kindergarten and such

Well, we've started on the long road of formal public education...good, old kindergarten...just as much a milestone for me as for Lily. She was nervous but is quickly acclimating as I knew she would. We have two weeks of short days, days off and testing and then she'll start the demanding schedule of three hours, five days a week...(whew! I wish the first year of college was like that!) I think one of the hardest things was how much Zoe wanted to join Lily. (She doesn't get to start preschool until September and just wants to have that same to-do for her right now)

Here's the Beckster...He will get up in this position or in the crawling position and then won't move his feet. Then he gets tired from doing push-ups and flops back on his belly and bawls....I guess patience (or lack thereof) must run in the family. Surprisingly, he's now older than both my girls were when they started crawling. They say boys usually do the physical stuff earlier, but I say, to each his own! He gets around by rolling and using his arms to turn around in a circle. He's also figured out how to propel/kick his legs while sitting on his bum to scoot himself along the tile in the kitchen...why do things the conventional way?)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

heath said...

Kindergarten already, huh? How fun. I love first day of kindergarten pictures. And your little guy is going to get buff if he keeps that up. :)

J + A Humphreys said...

Holy cow! School is starting already?? James goes to kinder this year too, but here in Cali it's ALL day - 7:40 am to 2:05!! We don't start til Sept though. Beck is sooo cute. I love his sticky-up hair. You need to post some pics of that new house of yours!

lori said...

So exciting! I'm glad you're both surviving! Guess there's hope for Lucy and me! =)