Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Muscle

So I have a huge-muscled, solidly-built husband, and yet do you think he is satisfied? I thought only girls asked questions like, "do I look skinny in this outfit", but my hotter-than-ever husband feels the need to ask, "do I look big?" (well now that you brought it up, babe, i think you're severely undernourished...)

So when he wants to buy another round of protein/supplements, I think to myself--Dude, you're already so huge, that if you gain much more, your skin is going to pop open.

Don't take my tone as exasperation--no, no...I could not be happier that my husband cares about his health/fitness/looks....more eye candy for me, right?
But next time you see him, tell him he's a freakin' tank and do me (because I obviously can't say it enough) a favor as well as our pocketbook.

(he's the one on top in case you couldn't tell--photography courtesy of the Deseret News)

It's not the gun on his hip you should be afraid of...it's the two encased in his sleeves...

(side note: He won't ever read this so keep this between you and me, kay?)

7 comments:

heath said...

That's a great picture! And I definitely will never run into that problem with my hubby. He's as skinny as can be and requires excessive begging to do any kind of exercise. Oh well. He's still adorable.

Michelle D said...

Haha! I love it! He seriously IS HUGE! Way to go Andrew!

Susan said...

Andrew cracks me up. I love you guys. And I love that picture!! I'll be sure to show it to James. So he's tough enough to take down anyone, but he can't handle losing to his wife in a board game?? I love it!

mcampbell said...

That was totally charming. Love it.

Glad such a tank is out protecting the streets of Utah. :)

J + A Humphreys said...

hahahah! That was awesome. Andrew you are RIPPED, HUGE, SICK throwin' that dude down like it ain't no thang! Good job on being a supportive wife. Men have their things...I guess women do too. Are you still trying to sale your house? The pics of the girls are way cute.

Kayla said...

I love it! So funny! What a goofy guy you have there. Love you both!

The Playin' Lakins said...

Hi Jill, not sure if you remember me, but we went to BHS, Lindsay Sowell? Found your blog on the BHS blog . . . Anyway- I am SO GLAD to hear that I am not the only one to have this issue with her husband! Mine does the same thing- constantly asks if he looks bigger or if his body looks good. And you are right- even though it is our opinion that counts the most - we just can't seem to say it enough! With your hubby's job he has to stay in shape and maybe it is easier for him to do so. Mine is an accountant at a desk all day so it's a little harder for him to stay in shape. Plus during tax season he hardly gets time to work out so it's only going to get worse for me, lol!
Anyway, wanted to say hi and tell you that you aren't alone! Oh, and feel free to stalk my blog anytime. Heaven knows I do a lot of it myself!