Thursday, January 17, 2008

Curses!

So I was all prepared and excited for my next post--Lily's first haircut. I made an appointment at the salon, took before pictures, remembered to bring the camera to the salon, took pictures while at the salon, during the haircut and the finished product. Hey, I even remembered to snag a snippet of the hair that was cut off for scrapbook memorabilia. I was so set!
Then, in a mad dash to the car, trying not to freeze our eyelashes off (yes, that is possible), I hurriedly stuffed my camera on the top of everything in my purse. I quickly buckled Lily in while Andrew did the same for Zoe, and we retreated to the safety of the car. As Andrew's backing out he says, 'hey, isn't that our camera?', and sure enough, lying there in the snow, in the spot where our car had just been, is our camera. Could it have fallen out, away from the path of the tires? Nnnoooo, it had to fall right under the tire where Andrew proceeded to back over it. Needless to say, the camera is busted. The memory card looks fine, so I'm praying all the pictures I took will be salvagable. But, no pictures for a couple more weeks until we can get a new one. curses!
Oh, and by the way, Lily looks SO cute with her new haircut. She looks very grown-up, which is sad and happy at the same time. Her hair is so fine and rather thin that the length was just not doing much for her, but with this new bob it looks so cute. Can't wait to download the pix if I can get them off the memory card...

4 comments:

heath said...

Oh Jill, that is just the saddest. I'm so, so sorry. My prayers going out to you for good camera deals!

Abbie said...

Oh man, why do things like that have to happen? Maybe you will be able to get a really sweet camera though. Can't wait to see the pics of Lily. I'm sure she looks darling. It is amazing what little changes like haircuts can do. We just stick to the good old buzz cut at our house. :)

Michelle D said...

Oh NO! I hate when things like that happen! A couple years ago, Dave and I were looking at new homes trying to decide what we wanted. So we brought along our camera to help us decide in the comfort of our own home with pics. Unfortunately, we were passing it back and forth at the first house...and we dropped it...Even before we had taken any pictures!

I have access to a card reader if you want me to bring it by sometime. It fits 4 different types of cards...Just let me know.

lori said...

What rotten luck! Good luck with your shopping! Can't wait to see the haircut!