Thursday, January 24, 2008

RANDOM

I find it fascinating to observe the little quirks and personality traits that make us who we are. I am like anyone else in that I have my fair share of randomness. So here's some little-known facts about me.
1. I have an extremely predictable and monotonous palate. As Andrew says, 'you could eat the same thing everyday and not get sick of it', and it's true. I have peanut butter on bread almost every day for lunch, and my cottage cheese and pretzels are one of my favorite snacks. It's not that I don't like variety, but when you find something you like why not stick with what works?
2. I like the grannies, castaways or otherwise known as the broken bits of food in the bottom of the bag. I will actually dig to the bottom of a bag of chips or box of crackers to find the little broken ones and eat those first. I guess I feel bad for them in a way--everyone else just tosses them aside, but yet they're so satisfying because you can eat a lot of them and still only eat the equivalent of a few whole ones. (they're usually more salty too!) double prizes!
3. I talk really SLOW. (and I wasn't raised to be sarcastic either) I guess it comes from circuit overload. I consider my brain to think like a popcorn popper. Once things get going it's hard to grab hold of one kernal, so things tend to spill out in efforts to stay caught up. I mean I wouldn't want to forget something I intended to say, or something like that. I also tend to repeat things or say the same thing in a plethora of ways. I just want to make sure that whomever I'm speaking with understands....
4. I'm a coupon/sale freak. My favorite day is SUnday because that's when the ads and coupons come with the Sunday paper. It's like a mini sanctuary for me to sit down with my ads and coupons. And there's nothing quite like getting a wicked deal and having a coupon on top of it. My most favorite place to shop is the commissary at HAFB because they always have deals and I always have coupons. Such a rush!
5. I've lived in Utah practically my entire life, and I still hate winter. I hate being cold and driving in the snow. I'd take wakeboarding over skiing any day. Less is definitely more.
6. I love using tweezers. I find it incredibly satisfying to pull something out using such a fine tool. My favorite thing to find is a hair that needs tweezing.
7. My favorite chore is vacuuming. I find it therapeutic in a way. On the flipside I hate doing laundry--such a menial and endless chore. why do we need clothes anyway?
8. I love to dead head roses-- meaning I love to take my pruning shears and cut off all the deadened and shriveled rose heads. Again, quite satisfying.
9. I love being pregnant, and I actually looked forward to being in labor. I found it such an exciting, enpowering, proud and awesome experience and am still so amazed at what the human body can do (and yes, some may say I'm crazy to do it without any drugs, and to those people I say, you don't know what you're missing...don't knock it till you've done it)
10. I've slept with a student, carpet cleaner, cashier, soldier, 2nd lieutenant, 1st lieutenant, body builder, school counselor, Sunday School president, cop, Lily and Zoe's daddy, my best friend and husband, Andrew.

So there's 10 random things for now. There will always be more which I'll try to post as I think of them. You learn something new everyday.....

2 comments:

heath said...

What a great post Jill! I especially loved the tweezers obsession, and the misnomer that you talk slow! I think if anyone reads this who doesn't know you, they'll be really confused. I'm so glad to know such a unique and wonderful individual!

Anonymous said...

Jill, that's totally fascinating what you said about being pregnant. I don't think I have EVER heard a woman say anything like that no how! You are one of a kind!

but I'm concerned you've slept with so many people! :-) (and I bet every one of them loved to smell your head!)