Friday, March 28, 2008

R&R

So for some reason this week ended up being an R&R week for me. I got to do a lot of things for me and me only most of the time! :o)

I went to see Horton Hears a Who with Lily on Monday...a little mom and me time. Andrew's not too hip on seeing 'kid shows', but they're actually the type I like the most. Lily did pretty good, she got a little restless and decided to go up and down the lighted stairs while watching the giant screen, but for the most part watched the whole show without disrupting anyone else. I really liked the flick, it was really well-made with a cute message.

Tuesday night I got to go out with some of my fam AND Andrew's fam. Andrew's sister had purchased tickets to go see Odyssey dance theater's production of "Shut Up and Dance", a plethora of dances set to the music of the Beatles. She got tickets for all the Pedersen girls but some couldn't make it in the end, so I got to invite my Mom and sister, Hannah, to accompany us. We enjoyed a nice, relaxing dinner at Olive Garden and then headed over to Kingsbury Hall for two hours of great entertainment. It was a lot of fun.

And then Wednesday I had a facial/massage scheduled via an awesome rebate through Walgreens. I'd been able to do 2 other sessions in weeks past, all in all--$300 of services for about $5 plus the tip. Can't beat that! It was so great, and I will miss the guilty pleasure of just being pampered. Pure bliss!

And all through this Andrew willingly watched the girls--no complaints. What a great guy! I guess he's saving up his 'solo' time for the near future when it'll be a little warmer and he'll want to go golfing.

To top it all off, we went to the mall to do my least favorite thing to shop for-- a new bra. While I didn't find anything but pure frustration in the bra department, we ended up getting our cell phones upgraded for FREE! Good thing, too, because our old ones were two years old and in desperate need of new batteries. The new Sony Ericcsons are very cool and Andrew was very stoked to show off all he had learned from the salesman while I was off in the dreaded dressing room.

Gotta love a little change-up of a week thrown in here and there from time to time. (and how's that for a great sentence?!)

1 comment:

lori said...

how fun!! so glad you could have some you-time!