Monday, March 24, 2008

Zoe's First Birthday

Our little Zoe is 1!!
She had a very nice but very busy birthday on Saturday.
We did our Easter activities in the morning and early afternoon and then celebrated Zoe's birthday with the extended family that night. She wasn't too aware of everything going on but did really well with all the choas around her. She's definitely a ham when it comes to being the center of attention. She opened her presents with a lot of help from Lily and Mommy. She came away with a lot of loot, and we appreciate everyone who came. Zoe had a great time, and Lily thought it was just as much her birthday and enjoyed the festivities immensely.
I made and decorated a cake which I pictured differently in my mind, but I think it turned out cute considering the modifications I made at the last minute. Some people thought it was a little girl with a beard but it was supposed to be a little girl eating her first cupcake. Anyhow, Zoe enjoyed eating it. She was a little hesitant when I plunked the whole girl down on her tray. I'm sure she didn't have a clue what it was at first. She poked at it and wasn't doing much, so I took off the head and fed her a bite, and then she caught on quickly that it was edible.
It was a fun day, and I can't believe how fast a year can go by.

It honestly feels like I was just meeting her for the first time not too long ago. We're so glad you came into our home and joined our family. We love you, Zo! Thanks for a memorable year!

One year ago...A little and scrunched up Zoe with her proud parents (3/22/07)

2 comments:

Brynn said...

How come you still look gorgeous even after just giving birth? I'll be sure never to post picture of my post-birth moments...totally unfair.

lori said...

Love the cake! How creative! Zoe is such a cutie! Looks like fun b-day!