Saturday, April 12, 2008

Childhood prophecy


Sammy & Zoe


Years ago as a child, afternoons were spent pretending to be a 'grown-up'; wiling away the hours in the backyard or school playground, my best friend, Michelle, and I would create for ourselves the 'perfect life'. I still remember the husbands we created, the children, (which seemed to be born at a incredibly fast pace and usually in multiples), the large mansions, horse pastures and many fun trips and adventures we'd take with all the pretend money in the world. Little did I realize at that time, that a time would come (and a lot faster than I ever thought possible), that it wouldn't be pretend anymore. Our little childhood games of pretend have come full-circle, and we now enjoy the reality of being an adult.
Our kids, no longer figments of our imagination, play together, and I am grateful for memories and opportunities to be close to so many friends from so many facets of my life. In all my childhood fantasies I couldn't have begun to comprehend the true blessing of cherished friends and the wonderful support and love I receive, even now as a 'grown-up'. I'm grateful for a childhood prophecy fulfilled....

2 comments:

Michelle D said...

Wow...what darling kids! What great memories too. I guess the only thing that's not exactly "fulfilled" yet is that we always wanted to live next door to each other too. I guess neighboring towns will have to do. :-)

Thanks so much for taking care of sweet Sam. You make my heart smile - thanks for being my best friend!

Oh, and Dave thought the 'prophecy' was that sammy and zoe are going to hook up. I guess we'll just have to see.

Kayla said...

What a great post! I love it! Such cute kids!