Thursday, April 10, 2008

random discoveries

so I just figured out what may have been an additional cause of our late-night drama. In checking to see if Zoe's canine teeth were coming in, (she's got one right below the surface ready to pop through) I discovered she's already got a molar that's probably been there for several days... duh, Mom....way to notice!
I also discovered a great place to find cheap toys--one which I don't know why I haven't taken notice of before....the dollar store! We stopped by there in search of books and found some good toys as potty-training 'incentives'. I'm praying that the new princess markers hanging on the wall will be a reminder to Lily that she'll actually want to try the potty. lol! we'll see how it works. It's a start anyway.
And lastly, I'm so glad to have discovered long ago that places like Walmart, Target and Costco are great places to let my kids burn some energy and test out the toys. Sometimes the large pile of toys at home is just that...a large pile of toys, not as fun because they're not 'new'. It's an added bonus when Andrew gets to come along on one of his days off, and we get to enjoy a gourmet meal at the food court (a yogurt twist and diet coke, anyone?)

1 comment:

Abbie said...

So glad to hear that Lily is still working on potty training too. Sigh! I have just started reading a book that is supposed to work wonders...so I'll let you know how it goes. Poor Zoe, getting teeth is so hard. Drew has had a much harder time than James ever did. Amen on dollar toys! I never buy a thing because Grandma does a great job as the supplier. :)