Saturday, February 9, 2008

8:08 Bliss

So I have to document the fact that despite yesterday's nighttime fiasco, tonight's routine went MUCH more smoothly. In fact, as the title suggests, BOTH of my girls were off in dreamland by the above-mentioned time. HALLELUJAH!
I have to mention that I appreciate all the people who allow me to read their blog and give me a window to their lives. As many of you know and experience the daily routine of being a mom or parent, I am deeply grateful for the support and harrowing stories that help me feel that I am not an island...we're all in this together and loving it. Despite heinous bedtime chaos, snotty noses, countless poopy diapers and a gazillion toys which never seem to be put away, there is also unprompted 'i love you, mommy''s, snuggles and giggles, quiet times, boundless energy and childlike curiosity, and awesome insights from these, our little ones. I wouldn't trade any of it!

3 comments:

heath said...

Oooh, I like the new pic of the girls. Glad they went to bed early tonight. Thanks for sharing your motherhood insights--I feel lucky that I will have so many experienced resources to turn to when I reach that stage.

J + A Humphreys said...

This is a great post and I couldn't agree with you more. :) These times are what make all the hard times worth it. Yay and hooray for bedtime, it might possibly be may favorite time of day. :) Then I can look at my sleeping babies and remember why I love being a mom.

J + A Humphreys said...

And one more thing....Andrew is totally WRONG. :) Being the mom is the hardest job ever - physically, emotionally, mentally, spiritually - I don't think anything has challenged me more, but nothing else has made me more happy.